Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Feeling Domestic

I have been feeling domestic lately, especially where the old Singer (or Nanny's OLD Singer) is concerned. I had a vacation to-do list a mile long, that I planned to get accomplished over the Christmas break. Don't bother asking if I completed it. Let's be real. I set my goals high. I accomplish a ot this way, yet suffer much disappointment as well. It's kind of a love-hate relationship. Although, I am learning to extend myself grace. At the top of said to-do list was to refresh my cloth diapers. There is nothing like a fresh, clean cloth diaper, but this refreshing as nothing to do with cleanliness or scent. We use BumGenius 3.0 and 4.0 diapers, both of which use Velcro tabs. Moms, I am still on the fence as to which are better, snaps or velro...whole different topic. So, BumGenius developed a refresher kit which includes replacement elastic and replacement velcro, all for a buck each!! I bought enough to refresh my first stash of diapers. I bought them while pregnant with Eva. They have diapered 3 babies and had gotten a bit tired. This task called for me to put my very limited sewing skills to work.




 I refreshed a total of twelve diapers.

Then while I was at it, I made 10 cloth wipes.
 
Love them so much, I made another set of 10 and wipes solution. Earth friendly, but more important, baby tush friendly!!! 

And that is such a cute tush, right!!??

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have an updated model sewing machine. It would help if I wasn't working with a machine as old and stubborn I am!! Although, I am very grateful for the one I have (Mom). After all, I got a wild hair and made new throw pillows for my couch (which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE)...



 ...loved them so much I made two for my bedroom....thinking about drapes now...SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment