Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Day of Ashes

 


My.....that was quite the long fast. The uniformity of leaving my blog at the beginning of Lent three years ago, and picking it back up on Ash Wednesday, today, is very harmonious, like a melody. A familiar tune. I am blowing the dust off of these keys once again. Coming out of hiding. There was so much life to be lived and so many words to be said. The balance was not there. I made a sacrifice. I sacrificed the publicity. I lived life fully, privately for a while and I loved it. Still, I missed this release and have felt compelled to return more than once. Surely there is a balance to be captured in all of this. Maybe.....that will be my pursuit.

We are in such a time of darkness. We, collectively. Even if you do not see, it is around very corner. It is not difficult to enter into this season with mourning. We are losing much at such a rapid pace. However, will those who chose to observe Lent, enter into it with repentance? A near forgotten virtue. I recently read several social media posts by a friend I attended church with, that blasphemed the Holy Scriptures, stating that it was not inerrant, but instead inflammatory, exclusive and becoming less relevant. Perhaps, I would not necessarily disagree with the Bible's exclusivity. All will not enter through the narrow gate. As the world turns to culture, relevance, and various societal hierarchies as their compass, its also turns its back on the Word of God. The world is not humble or remorseful.....it is not kind. The world's love is not love. The world has tried to change the  definitions of foundational principles. Yet, nothing can change if we do not comply. "Be not conformed by by this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Romans 12:2.  The Author of all Creation also compelled Paul to write of being "....living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to the Lord." Romans 12:1 Lent is about sacrifice, although with the appropriate posture.....a humble state of the heart. How will you enter into this season? Will you even? I choose a contrite heart. Brothers and sisters, stand firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment