Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy 63, Papa!

 
 
 
We spent the afternoon celebrating my daddy's 63rd birthday!  Isn't he handsome? Some of the hardest days that I experience are the ones that I get to see my daddy. That being said, I am so grateful that I still have my daddy. There are days that he does not know us and then there are days when he does remember. He suffers from Parkinson's Disease, which is a debilitating disease that affects his physical mobility and his cognition. He experiences disorientation anytime the structured environment where he lives, is disrupted. We are most times a disruption for him and it causes me to debate whether we should even go. I never regret going, although it breaks my heart each time. I also find it difficult fielding the questions from my little ones. "Did Papa know who we were?" "What did Papa mean?" "Why did Papa say_______?" My biggest kids will understand and somewhat do already. I hate that they will never know the man that I knew. What sweet memories I hold dear of this man and how he loved his girls. Happy birthday, Daddy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment